History of the Trust
The Trust began life in 1937 as the Merthyr Tydfil Educational Settlement, at a centre called Gwaunfarren House. It was one of several settlements which provided education and welfare services to people during the depression of the 1930s.
The settlement ran for four years until Gwaunfarren house was requisitioned as a maternity hospital during the Second World War
The ownership of the building was transferred to the Ministry of Health in 1948 and it was agreed to use the proceeds of the sale for charitable purposes.
what we do
Some People Need Help And We Give It!
To support or assist such charitable organisations and activities in the county borough of Merthyr Tydfil, and in particular, the advancement of education, the relief of poverty, distress and sickness, or other charitable purposes of benefit to the community